Sunshine Huffman, MSN, APRN, ONP-C, CNOR, RNFA, is the only orthopedic certified nurse practitioner in the state of Idaho. She is a board certified nurse practitioner specializing in clinical and surgical orthopedics. She graduated from Gonzaga University with a Master’s of Science in Nursing degree and is board certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. While Sunshine holds a Family Practice degree, she has chosen to pursue specialty focus in Orthopedic practice. She achieved the designation of certified Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner (ONP-C) through successful examination by the Orthopedic Nurses Certification Board. This specialty certification demonstrates a commitment to continued learning and desire to provide expert patient care within the orthopedic population.
Sunshine enjoys working with patients of all ages and brings a unique skill set to Kym Orthopedics. She has worked in all facets of orthopedic patient care including the outpatient clinic setting and the operating room. She has sought further specialty training as a RN First Assistant through the University of California Los Angeles. She enjoys working alongside Dr. Kym in the operating room as a surgical assist when not in the clinic setting.
- MSN 2012 Gonzaga University Masters of Science Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN 1998 Lewis Clark State College Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- NP-C Board certified by American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, AANP.
- ONP-C- Orthopedic nurse practitioner, certified by Orthopedic Nurses Certification Board.
- Currently the first and only ONP-C in the state of Idaho
- CNOR- Certified Nurse Operating Room
From the website http://www.cc-institute.org/cnor/about
“CNOR is a definition not an acronym. CNOR certification is defined as: “the documented validation of the professional achievement of identified standards of practice by an individual registered nurse providing care for patients before, during and after surgery.” CNOR means that you have demonstrated the knowledge and skills that denote competency in the specialized field of perioperative nursing.”
- RN First Assist- University of California Los Angeles, 2003 – RN First Assist certificate
Membership in Professional Organizations:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- National Association of Orthopedic Nurses (NAON)